Sunday

I'm Back!!!!

What a wild couple of months. I have had a lot going on and not enough hours in the day. Let me get you caught up with our life. First my youngest turned 8 and we had a pirate party for him. It was a total blast.
 
my birthday boy

We made our own ship for the party guests to play on. The cake was made by a local bakery here that I use for every occasion.
 He was so surprised by the cake that he didn't want us cutting into it. It was amazing. I don't know how they do these cakes like that but they are miracle workers.
The ship we made was done out of card board and my mother in law painted the front of it. The cannons are paper plates, and she made the octopus out of an old blanket. This was a hit with all of the kiddos.







After a much deserved rest, haha. We prepared ourselves for my oldest sons talents in the play "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory". It was amazing. I can't get over that it is only a high school performance. These play sold out of all 3 performances both weekends, and they added an extra show which sold out as well.
He is on the left. He was part of Augustus Gloop's entourage .



I would like to add that during the first weekend of the play, my neighbors house caught fire and now has been deemed a total loss. There oldest daughter was in the play with my son and  it was during this time that I was truly inspired by her. She is  a senior in high school and her attitude towards losing everything was remarkable. She continued to perform spot on every night even after being displaced for several days. She wrote this on facebook the night of the fire and I wanted to share it with you. It left me speechless. She is a remarkable person. I honestly do not think I could have had this much grace at her age  in the face of  this kind of tragedy.
"Thank you to everybody who has given their love and support: We are all okay, but the house is gone. We have to thank God for our blessings, of which there are too many to count, not least of which are our wonderful family and friends. God has a grand plan for us, and I have put my complete faith and trust in him."
Then one of my beloved girls died after passing a rather large egg. Peep will be greatly missed.
Peep was the white one.
The egg on the left was the egg that killed her.

 After many family discussions we decided to get 2 new chicks to replace Peep. (We only wanted 1 chick, but baby chicks don't do well by themselves so we decided to get 2.) They are so cute. The boys can't leave them alone.
This is Peep and Hobo. 




Finally, Its Spring Break!!!!! I have lots of pictures of our many adventures of the week, but Spring Break officially ends today and I have to get kids ready for school so I will post our Spring Break week on here this week. TTFN (ta ta for now)





2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back- you've been busy! Sorry to hear about your poor hen; goodness, what an egg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly with all the things that go on in your daily world you could write a post each and every day and never bore us....so get at it you've been missed in blog land =)

    ReplyDelete